Since Starbucks thinks it’s okay to bring pumpkin spice back when it’s STILL AUGUST, I decided it was okay to make pumpkin spice donuts. You can save this recipe and make it all fall long. These are baked, not fried, so they’re a tad healthier than your typical donut.
You will be amazed by how easy these are to make. There are pretty much two steps to the recipe. That’s almost guarantees that you won’t mess it up.
The first step is to combine the eggs, pumpkin purée, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
Until it looks like this:
The second step is to fold in the flour.
To get the batter in the donut pan, I used a piping bag because I have tons of them and it’s the easiest way to fill the cavities. If you’re not cool like me, you can use a ziploc bag and cut one corner off.
Bake these babies for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and voila!!!
For toppings I used a mix of cinnamon and sugar and also made a cream cheese glaze. The cream cheese glaze was about 1/3 of a block of cream cheese (very soft), 2 Tbsp milk, and enough powdered sugar to create the consistency I was looking for.
I hope you enjoy a sneak peak of fall in these donuts!!!!!
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée
1 1/3 tsp pumpkin pie space
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 baking powder
1 3/4 cups gluten free flour
1. Preheat the oven 350° F. Lightly grease donut pans.
2. Best together sugar, eggs, oil, pumpkin, spices, salt, and baking powder until smooth.
3. Add flour, stirring until smooth.
4. Fill the donut pan with a pastry bag or a ziploc bag with the corner cut off.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the donut comes out almost clean.
6. Let cool and then coat in sugar and cinnamon or leave plain